I love journalling and I also find it a beneficial thing for all my clients. Do you journal?
Keeping a daily journal has many positive benefits. Daily Journaling can help with personal growth and development. By regularly recording your thoughts you will gain insight into your behaviors and moods.
There is a lot of power in the written word but occasionally words are hard to find. You can then draw or make a collage that represents how you feel.
Here are some Journaling tips to get you started
1. Write about where you are in your life at this moment. Describe your living situation, your work, and your relationships. Are you right where you want to be?
2. For five to ten minutes just start writing in a “stream of consciousness” Don’t edit your thoughts or feelings and don’t correct your grammar. Don’t censor your thoughts.
3. Write down what you are grateful for (at least 3 things every day). This could also contain a daily list of things you appreciate. It can also contain quotes.
5. Take pictures of yourself and things you love. You can take pictures, draw colors or shapes or collage images. Learn to love and accept yourself just the way you are today.
6. Write down things about the weather and the nature around you and what you appreciate about it.
7. Write down what things you are doing today that is going to have a positive impact on your Wellbeing. What exercise you have done, meditation, healthy eating etc.
7. Maintain a log of successes. Write down your daily successes. They don’t have to be huge once. As you pay attention to your successes, small or big, your list of successes will grow and inspire you.
8. Write down your current favorite songs. Write down why you like them and what moods they trigger and how they make you feel.
9. If there’s something you are struggling with or an event that’s disturbing you, write about it in the third person. This will give you distance and provide a new perspective. Write down what you learned about yourself.
10. Develop your intuition. Write down questions or concerns then take a deep breath and listen for a response from your Higher Self. Let yourself write automatically. If you don’t get an answer right away, look for signs during the day.
Pure wellness through journalling