Peppermint (Mentha piperita) has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma. One of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion, it may also restore digestive efficiency. This powerful essential oil is often diluted before topical application. Peppermint may also be used to enhance the flavor of food and water. Peppermint has an approximate ORAC of 373,455 (TE/L). TE/L is expressed as micromole Trolox equivalent per liter.
• Add a drop of peppermint oil to herbal tea to help aid normal digestion
• Massage several drops of peppermint oil on the abdomen, place a drop on wrists, or inhale to soothe the minor stomach discomfort with travel.
• Rub one drop of peppermint oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (careful to avoid contact with your eyes) and on the back of your neck to relieve head pressure.
• Place 2 drops of peppermint oil to the tongue and rub another drop of oil under the nose to help improve concentration and alertness.
• Apply peppermint oil to the neck and shoulders throughout the day to keep energy up.
• Inhale peppermint essential oil, apply topically to your temples or neck, or put a drop on your tongue or in water to ump-start our morning routine
• Diffuse or inhale peppermint oil mid-morning to curb the desire to snack.
• Inhale peppermint oil or rub a drop on to your abdomen to soothe minor stomach discomfort
Young Living Therapeutic grade peppermint essential oil
(Peppermint (Mentha piperita) leaf oil
If you are interested in more information about this oil
[contact-form-7 id=”2259″ title=”Essential Oils”]
Karin Hagberg, email@example.com